Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Welcome Payton!

Our sixth child surprised us by breaking my water and coming 4 weeks early on Saturday, September 27th at 10:26 p.m. We named her Payton Marilyn Fe. (Fe is Spanish for "Faith") She weighed 6 lbs, 9.5 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She did turn head down so no cesarian for us -- just a long drawn out day!




Unfortunately they took her to the NICU for some breathing issues and kept her ever since due to some blood tests that concerned them. They still have her and will hopefully be sending her home this week. We miss her, but know that she will be home soon. Seeing the sick babies in the NICU make you realize how truly blessed you are since she is one of the healthier ones by comparison.

Her siblings (and grandma) waiting to play with her. They only got to see her for a moment:

We'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Sketchy said...

Thanks for posting pictures!! She is so cute. I sure hope she is home soon.

And by the way, I'm not sure if I told you but I love her name.

Kris King said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! We enjoyed the pictures and hope your all together soon!

With Love
Uncle Brad and Kris

ericksonzone said...

Congratulations! I like the picture of Wade holding her, she looks so cute there. Hopefully she comes home soon.

sweet pea dee said...

Congratulations! She is cute. Are prays are with you.

Sketchy said...

Is she home? Is she home? Is she home?

I didn't here from you yesterday, and it's too early to call you over there...so I'm nagging here. Not that a mom of 6 with a newborn will probably have time to notice this, but I had to nag somehow.

Gabriela said...

Congratulations!!! What a sweetheart. Hope you are doing well. :)

Tifferbob said...

Congrats! I love the name you chose. I hope she comes home soon.