Friday, October 31, 2008

October 20th -- Day of Births

It's taken me a while to blog this -- sorry I'm rather busy with six kids, what can I say?

October 20th is Ethan's birthday. He turned 7 this year. He was my first child to be born early and came all on his own, with no induction. He was also born on his grandpa's birthday which was a surprise to everyone! So every year, they spend it together. This year, Ethan wanted everything Indiana Jones -- cake, legos, etc. Grandpa also gave him the Batman racing set that he enjoyed also.





I made the Indiana Jones cake myself and really liked how it turned out. It is probably one of my favorites!! If you can't tell, it is a volcano with Indy and a warrior standing on the top. The candy symbolizes the lava. I'm not a professional, but it was fun to make.

All and all it was a very fun day. With six kids and five of them girls, it is refreshing to do boy things every now and again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction on the gift giving. Grandma Kate gets credit for the Batman raceing set. My contribution was in delivering it. :-)

Sketchy said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Your cake looks awesome.