Monday, June 23, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

I have been terribly lax about blogging. In fact, I have not posted at all. For more than SIX months! So if there is anyone out there who will still read this, let's just say that I am shocked and amazed.

But my two sisters have inspired me, so I decided to try once more. Hopefully it will be like riding a bicycle -- I'll be able to get right back on.

Don't expect miracles -- I hope to post once a week just to let you all know what's new with us. Sometimes it may be more and sometimes it may be less, but hopefully never again will it be SIX months.

We are once again out for the summer. And unlike other moms, I love, love, love it mainly because my husband is home on summer vacation from teaching high school. It's great to have him here. He helps so much and motivates me to do more. Plus, I get to sleep after working night shift and I don't have to come home in my drunken stupor to get kids off to school. So while other mothers are dreading their kids home all summer, I am the opposite and look forward to June just as much as if I was going on vacation myself.

We are almost ready to sell our house: the bathrooms are finished and we are working on getting it painted. Hopefully by July 1st it will have a FOR SALE sign in front of it. We decided to try it without a realtor, just for the summer. Just to see if we could save that extra $11,000. If nothing happens by September, we will list it since I will be too pregnant and exhausted to do much of anything.

Yes, we are expecting our sixth and definitely last child in October. This one I totally knew was coming, but had not been able to convince my husband so I never stopped taking "the pill". Needless to say, God wanted this child to come and surprised us both . It seems as I have gotten older, I have gotten MORE fertile, not less, which is quite astonishing to me. I was so sure it was a boy, but the ultrasound stated probably a girl although they could not see very well since the cord was in the way so I'm not going to be convinced until the baby comes. Then we'll know for sure. Either way, this is LA ULTIMA because we are buying a Suburban to fit us all and I don't want to move up to the 12 passenger van (no offense to those who have one -- I just don't like to drive them).

This is car we are getting:It is a 2001 with 75,000 miles that we got for a good price. We feel guided by God in finding it, perhaps to ease the shock of the two positive pregnancy tests. The gas will be a killer of course ($4.11/gallon the last time I went to Costco), but any big vehicle has low MPG and right now we need big. I am adament that we have a car we can all fit into and a table we can all sit around. The table is the next purchase item besides the house.

Speaking of the house, after we sell this one, we will move into a rental while we build our new one. This is a drawing of the outside:

If you want to see the floor plans, check out this site: Merriwood House
We are going to convert the bonus room into a 4th bedroom. We almost went for the 5 bedroom, 2800 sf house, but since it was $20,000 more, we decided to go for something smaller. Plus, I love the bottom level layout better than the 2800 sf house. We feel good about this so hopefully it will work out for us.

Well that is about it. Six months sure stores up a lot of information. If you are reading this you are a good friend and I'm so grateful to know you!!!

3 comments:

Sketchy said...

I really like the layout of the new house. I'm praying for you guys that everything goes smoothly!

And I'm glad to know you too, lol!

ranell said...

Cute blog! I have been randomly checking your blog for the last 7 months. It's good to have you back.

The house looks awesome! Good floor plan! I am so excited for you guys! You'll love the room. Congrats!

Also a bit jealous about the suburban, we decided to wait and save up for it....probably a better idea but I don't like it as much.

Gabriela said...

I'm still here!!!

Congrats on your upcoming addition-I am impressed.

Good luck with the sale of your house-I hope you can do it on your own. Your new house looks beautiful-I love the front porch.

Keep blogging! I miss you when you are not around! :) (and your site looks great BTW)