Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Okay....maybe every two weeks

See, I'm already behind. I said once a week and already it has been two. My life just goes by way too fast. BTW, I'm experimenting with photo profile so you'll have to bear with me until I find the right one. Input is appreciated.

We have been busy getting our house ready to sell. What a headache! I never thought it would be this hard. (Cute hubby painting house:)
We had the first people come to look at it this last weekend, and boy were we stressed out. Of course we wanted everything to be perfect so we were yelling at the kids to help clean up and then stressing as we saw every last minute detail we had forgotten about. Finally, 15 minutes before they were supposed to show up, I threw the kids in the car and we went to the park and my hubby stayed to show the house. (we figured 5 kids might be a distraction). It went well, but they haven't called back so obviously not well enough. But it was only the first visit. Tomorrow another couple is coming and all of the 12 flyers we put out in the box are gone. So things are moving along. But can you feel the pressure?????? I just feel like my life has become "La Casa" and getting it sold. After this, I'm moving into one house and staying there forever. I never want to sell a house again.

My beautiful daughter turned 9 this last Sunday. Darn kids -- they grow up too fast. She especially is starting to look older everyday.
I don't think I'm ready for two pre-teen girls. Right now she is just as sweet as can be, and a huge help with the younger kids. But in another 3 years, she'll probably be rolling her eyes and sighing heavily when I offer suggestions. Asi es la vida!

My eldest daughter (hence the one who's given me experience to know where the others are going) left for her first Girls Camp this morning. That was very strange to know that I am old enough to have a young woman headed off to Girls' Camp. She was excited, but very nervous as she still has some trouble sleeping at night. But she was with her best friends so I'm sure she didn't want to look too frightened in front of them (saving face). I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time, and we may even get a phone call or two before the week is over.

Speaking of over, I think my brain is done. I worked a night shift last night and went back for swing shift today. So I think i'm pretty well toast. It's a wonder I can even type anymore. i feel my pillow calling me so i will sign off now. maybe i'll blog again before we leave for utah on friday ...........but don't count on it. ;)

4 comments:

Sketchy said...

Happy Birthday Addie! I'm sorry I'm such a bad Aunt, I swear I planned on calling.

Brooke leaves for camp this morning. I really hope she has a good time. We had fun doing her secret sister gifts last night (Is Hannah doing those?) But I'm trying not to show this morning how nervous I am. ACK!

Erickson Family said...

No, they didn't do Secret Sister. I had totally forgotten about that! How fun.

ranell said...

I can't believe Hannah (and Brooke) are old enough for girl's camp. It seems like yesterday I was at girl's camp.

Happy Birthday Addie! I saw it on the calendar a day or two before but sorry I forgot about it that day. Hope you had a good one.

Sketchy said...

How about monthly posts? You could make it like a Fast Sunday thing...I could be happy with monthly posts...

PS: my Word Verification is "WhyBob", it made me giggle. Just sharing.