Sunday, June 3, 2007

Miniature Golf on Memorial Day

Last Monday we wanted to do something together to celebrate the holiday. My first idea was a picnic -- you know out to the lake, complete with games and good food and relaxation. It was a great plan, but I didn't think how tired I would be from working the night before and thus, was in no mood to make the food or plan the games. All I wanted was easy. So we decided to try something new -- we took the kids miniature-golfing.


It was very inexpensive. Since we needed 6 clubs, one of the games was free. Thus for our whole family it ended up being less than $20 ($16 to be exact). Much cheaper than bowling or the movies -- those easily cost us over $30. And we had a blast doing it.


Grace on Hole #1

Dad Helping out the Kids



Addie Lookin' Cute on Hole #9

Hannah & Ethan spottin' the green



We started out keeping score, but by Hole #4, it was a free-for-all. Especially my 4 year old. She kept putting the ball really close to the hole and then tapping it in and exclaiming with glee "I got a score!"


Of course, I could not be left out even with a baby. It did take some creativity to get the ball in the hole sporting the child on the front of me, but it was worth it!



All in all, we had a great time. The only drawbacks were the very hungry mosquitos that greeted us around Holes #5-8 and my camera battery dying at Hole #18. Their picnic area was called the "PAR TEE Area". I so wanted to blog that, but the camera did not cooperate.


To end the outing, Wendy's gave us our Picnic Food:


Gotta love those Frostys!

11 comments:

Gabriela said...

How fun! We haven't tried putt-putt in a while-maybe my bigger kids could handle it now. I love, "I got a score!" How cute!

Super Happy Girl said...

Par tee!!! What a fun day :)
That last picture of you and baby is so cute.
Hellooo Mr Frosty, yum.

shay said...

Awesome! I'm so with you on the no picnic, picnics. I'm all about not packing the food lol.
Found your blog from another and it's fun to see your family:)

aubrey said...

not to mention our mutual love of the a&e p&p. have you seen the new a&e of jane eyre. it's fabulous. check it out.

and you pick up WENDY'S for picnic food? you are awesome. that is our numero uno choice as well!

thanks for stopping by!

Erickson Family said...

Gaby -- this was the first time we attempted this activity and we did not play legally at all. It was more like "Go kids, have fun hitting the ball the club at the toy buildings!"

NCS -- Frosty's are my drug of choice. That and Diet Cherry Coke.

Shay -- Picnics always sound fun, but end up being a ton of work. Unless of course you hit the local burger joint.

Aubrey -- I have not seen Jane Eyre. I will check that out. Thanks for coming by!

Sketchy said...

And this post saved me from a major melt down for Alex...thank goodness that 2nd to the last picture had Ethan in it or I would have been in trouble. LOL

Look at that gorgeous clear sky! Round here we call it "Tri-cities Blue Sky" since we get it so rarely. ;)

Nettie said...

We love to play mini golf, too. Its a great activity for people of all ages to do together!

Anonymous said...

Last time I went miniature golfing, it was for Memorial Day too. :) And it was in Kennewick. Love that spot on Clearwater!

Sketchy said...

pssst...I tagged you for a Meme...

Duludes said...

How fun. I love playing minture golf, I haven't convinced Joel of the extreme fun it can be. Maybe someday. So glad we can be bloggers together.
By the way I have had lots of family passing thru town the last week or two and they all love my vinyl lettering. Thanks so much!

Sketchy said...

OK I am fully expecting baptism pictures here ASAP!