Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween 2009

I definitely need to start blogging again!

It has been almost a year since I have posted anything. Where has the time gone? Too many things to do I guess that I don't take time to stop and write. One day I know I'm going to regret that.

As far as the pumpkins go, we were not even going to get there this year. Life was that crazy. Work had me coming in extra days in order to train for a system they aren't going to start for three months! And family life seemed crazy as well. The night we were going to carve, the Selah 1st Ward ghost came and gave us goodies making it mandatory that we delay our pumpkin plans and reciprocate. By then I was ready to not go there this year. No time and no money made the tradition seem impossible.

But then a bright light appeared in the form of Wal-Mart and their crazy mark-it-all-down deals. I innocently went shopping there and low and behold, the pumpkins were marked down to $1!!! Can you believe it? Who can pass that up! So my sentimental side caved in and I bought 5 pumpkins -- one for each child. I was a little hesitant because I knew we would have to carve them on Saturday morning which is the 31st. Leaving one day for the pumpkins to come alive. But for $5, it seemed totally worth it.

Which it was.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: