Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Two Thumbs Up!

I wasn't very excited to see this movie. I mean, the commercials look wierd, right? Tall, skinny villan, large dinosaur, strange lady with caffeine patches, etc.... My kids were very excited though so we gave in and took them on Monday night (Easy FHE). About halfway through, I was thinking, "I can't believe we paid $36 for this, it is so wierd."


But by the end, I loved it! It has the greatest moral to come out of a Disney movie for a long time. That you life is never as bad as you think it is. That you control your own destiny. That there is always daylight at the end of the tunnel. That failures will lead to success if you "keep moving forward."


I highly recommend this movie. Every child (and adult) should see it and remember:

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

3 comments:

Sketchy said...

That's cool. I'd heard it had some negative things about adoption, did you get that impression?

Erickson Family said...

I didn't get that impression. I'm not sure why one would. Maybe because he is an orphan and no one wants to adopt him????? But I saw it as adding to the fact that he thinks his life is terrible and will never change until he gets a chance to see into the future.

Anonymous said...

I'd heard that about the adoption thing too, but maybe the lady who wrote the letter I saw was really adoption-sensitive or something.

I'm glad you liked it. :)