Friday, June 9, 2006

Fast Food Friday - Royal Chicken

Friday is here! YAY! It is the weekend and I am very happy. Aren't we all? This Friday won't be the same without a recipe from our "Comida Leader" Gabriela, but I will try to carry on in her absence.

The recipe I picked to share today is one I just came across called "Royal Chicken". It was given to me by a lady from Korea and I just made it the other day and it is delectable! And it is very fast to cook. It goes something like this:

*First get your rice cooking, unless you have Minute Rice, which I don't because I have never developed a taste for it.

4 chicken breasts (3 lbs total)
1 yellow onion
1 c. carrot, cut in bite size pieces (I used baby carrots)
4 T. soy sauce
6 T. ketchup
1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
1 c. water

Cut chicken into pieces. Cut the onion into bite-size pieces. Heat the wok, then add 3 T oil. Stir-fry onion until fragrant. Add the chicken pieces and stir to mix. Add the carrots and the remaining ingredients. Bring them to boil. Turn the heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Mix together 2 tsp. cornstarch + 2 Tb. cold water. Add to wok mixture and stir until thickened. Transfer to serving plate and serve with rice.


I hope you enjoy it. My kids just ate it up! I hope yours will too.
Buen provecho!

9 comments:

Millie said...

This makes me want to dig through my boxes in the storage unit and find my wok. :) Yummy!

Lana said...

sounds yummy!

Super Happy Girl said...

handimom: I'm not a cook at all (really), this looks easy enough, one question, do I really need a wok? could I just do this in a regular pan and be succesful?
I'm crossing my fingers...

Gabriela said...

Sounds good, printing it out as I type! Thanks!

Erickson Family said...

NCS: I think you good use any skillet. Would work just as good! Good Luck!

Lei said...

Mmmm.... my husband loves chicken in soy sauce. Sounds yummy!

Erickson Family said...

My last comment was quite dyslexic. What I meant to say was:

"I think you can use any good skillet."

Although "I think you good use any skillet" sounds slightly more Oriental. (Am I waxing prejudism? Sorry!)

Blackeyedsue said...

Thanks for this one Handiemom! My DH will DEVOUR it! We LOVE asian-type food at this house.

smart mama said...

mmmm...tasty