Friday, May 19, 2006

Fast Food Friday -- Beef Stroganoff

OK, I'm done ranting and back to my normal calm self. All ready for another Friday recipe! After all with a face like this, who could be mad for long?

This is a favorite creation of mine with the help of BHG Cookbook. If you make it with egg noodles it takes 30 minutes or less to make:

Brown 1 lb hamburger with 1/2 cup chopped onion. Set aside.

In small bowl mix 1 8-oz. carton sour cream and 2 T. flour. Add in 2 tsp. beef bouillon granules, 1/2 c. water, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.

Pour sour cream mixture over meat/onion mixture in pan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Stir until blended and hot.

That's it! Serve it over egg noodles (my kids' favorite) or with rice which takes a little longer to cook depending on how good you are with cooking rice!

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

We do this at our house too. It is a hit!

Sweet picture.

Ok, I am assuming you served a mission in Latin America. Am I right? If so, I want to know where!

Erickson Family said...

Yes, you are correct! I started in Honduras where I was for 10 months and then got moved to Guatemala for the last part. There was a political problem that caused us to be moved. So I got two countries for the price of one!

I also lived in Mexico for 6 months with my husband while he was in graduate school. Such a great experience!

Anonymous said...

I am hungry just reading that!! I have to agree and say that is the sweetest picture!!

Nettie said...

That is a cute picture! Beef stroganoff is one of the few meals ALL of my family memebers will eat. This looks like a good version!

Anonymous said...

Hey I know that sweet face -- in fact I think I snapped that picture, lol. Of course I can't believe half of the lies you are telling about her, I mean my sweet little niece, getting onery and stubborn? No...just can't believe it. Either that or she is just missing us, I mean she was a doll when we left.