Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Change, change, change.....

A new school year has begun.

So many changes happening around here.

Four out of my five children started back to school this fall. Mornings are rather quiet now with only my 19-month-old. I have to say that I am enjoying it. (Does that make me a bad mother??)
It is nice to have 3 hours in the morning to clean the house, enjoy the computer, and get a good start on the day.

I am however now in my 8th month of pregnancy. A major change is coming to our family next month. I'm not sure if I am ready, but then again, who is??? It is doesn't matter what number of child it is, you are never quite prepared. They say it is another girl -- you think after 4 girls and 1 boy we would've tipped the odds, but God must want us to take stock in wedding announcements.

I changed my shift at work so no more night shifts! I'm now on swing shift, still part-time (10 shifts a month) but much better for my physical well-being. It is hard because I am working every other Sunday and every Monday evenings, but it is so much better for my sanity. I know that when the baby comes, I need to be able to function during the day instead of just lying on the couch waiting for nap time.

We got another offer on our house (the second this month). We countered and are waiting to hear back. This could mean some major changes soon -- packing up, moving to a rental and starting to build. If I think about it too long, I start to hyperventilate, so I just have to have faith and be patient. I can't decide if it is better to sell before the baby comes or after. Either brings challenges and blessings. I just have to leave this one to God's hands.

Last change: I have a new calling at church. I was released as the Primary President at the end of August and am now the secretary in Young Womens. I am very excited about this calling which is another reason I'm not sure I want to move. The only affordable land we have found is in the other ward. I'm afraid to change wards because I'm sure they would put me back in Primary! I guess I just need to have faith on this one also.

So September has brought many changes for me. What about you? Are you changing too?

5 comments:

Millie said...

I had no idea you were expecting again! Congrats to you and hubby! :)

ericksonzone said...

It is good to see some activity again on your blog. Another year, and one more out of the house. I'm sure she's loving it. That is great that your hours have changed and you don't have that stress of working nights and trying to figure out how to cope with all of the activities during the day. Nice!

Yeah, Emma was bummed that we don't get to see Grace as much. Hopefully soon. We love you all. I love being here in Othello. I am using my Spanish. Emma is also having a lot of fun learning new words each day with me. She's picking up on it really well.

Erickson Family said...

Yes, I always say I'll blog more often, but then the "quehaceres" (I love that word) of life get in the way.

I too love using my Spanish which is one reason I like where I work. People ask where I learned my Spanish and I want to say "Here!" because that is the only way I'm able to keep it.

Sketchy said...

Look how adorable Grace and Aubrey look...I can't believe they are this old too.

I hope everything works out with the house!! That's exciting though that you've gotten 2 offers so quickly!

Tifferbob said...

Congrats! I didn't know you were expecting a baby either. That is great.

It was good to see you at the family reunion. I wish Chad and Linda's family could have made it too. I haven't seen them in ages.