Sunday, April 22, 2007

My New Hobbies

Sorry the last post was so short. (I had to start back slowly) That was what Aubrey looked like 2 1/2 months ago when she was brand new on this earth. This is how she looks today:



She is certainly my most favorite new hobby although she is also the most time-consuming. I feel like I cater to her 24/7 which is fine by me because she is so adorable. So far I have been on maternity leave from my job which is fine by me! I love being home with her and all my other children. Next Sunday, I return to working 3-4 nights a week and I have no idea how it will work out. I hoping it doesn't drive me or my husband crazy! I would love not to return to work at all, but unfortunately it is a financial necessity.
Maybe in my next life, I will be rich!

My other new hobby is home renovation. My husband and I are striving to fix up our home so we can sell it this summer/fall. The house has become a little cramped at 3 bedrooms for 7 bodies so we are hoping to sell it and buy something larger. But that requires lots of changes. So far we started on the living room and have now moved to the dining room. I thought I would show off some of our progress:

Old Living Room:



New Living Room (note new trim and paint job):




Old Dining Room (with yucky flowered wallpaper):



New one in progress (not finished yet, but wallpaper gone!):


Not bad for the month of April, eh? And I owe a huge part of this to my hubby for he is the work-horse behind it all.

After the dining room, it is on to getting rid of the 1950's kitchen, blue countertops and all.

I can't wait!

5 comments:

Sketchy said...

Hey look at that! You posted this YAY!

Aubrey is so cute and your house is looking great!!

I know you said she looks like Addie, but I'm seeing Hannah w/o the cheeks. Is her hair auburn too? Maybe that's it. Addie with Hannah's coloring, or maybe just Aubrey!

Millie said...

Yeahhhhh!! That baby is adorable!!

Wow, you have been busy! :) Welcome back!

Nettie said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!I know what you mean about the 24/7 thing. I'm amazed you have been able to get anything done in addition. And it always seems like we only finally get our houses put together in time to sell them, too.

ranell said...

She is so cute! Although it was nice to check your blog and be reminded of Christmas, glad you're back! Especially happy to see pictures.

You have been super busy! Wow! Quite the changes in your house. That is exciting.

Kate said...

Okay, young lady, you are tardy in the worst way. Your new living room is two houses ago and your new baby is one baby back. Let's get with it! You've had nothing to do for the past year or so but take a vacation? Of course, you know I'm teasing. Your year has been loaded with new and exciting happenings including a new home and baby. Your tardy is excused THIS TIME, but don't let it happen again!