Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Fun

Well I did it! I didn't think that with having a baby and moving we would actually get costumes accomplished for six children for Halloween. But we made it!!!! And I accomplished without sewing one costume (who could with everything in boxes??) With the help of Ebay, Goodwill, Amazon.com and hand-me-downs, we actually outfitted everyone for less than $50. I am so very proud of that!

First off is Grace. Her costume was very easy since she had this beautiful blue dress from being in her aunt's wedding last year. We knew it would make the perfect Cinderella costume and thankfully she agreed. As you can tell from the clock, it is 7:05 which means we were late for our ward Halloween party (again! I can never manage to get there on time.)

Ethan wanted to be Indiana Jones this year. I was very lucky to find a leather jacket for a boy at Goodwill in September before all the chaosis hit. It was black, but he looked the part. We ordered the hat and whip from Amazon.com for about 10 bucks and the rest of the costume was just his clothes. EASY!

Addie had the hardest time deciding on a costume. She considered everything from High School Musical, a babysitter, a chef, etc. Finally she decided on Junie B. Jones and it turned out really cute. Everything came from Goodwill and then we put a "Hello my name is Junie B. Jones" sticker on her so she could be recognized.

Hannah has wanted to win a costume contest FOREVER! Last year I told her "If you want to win, you have to get creative and wear a costume no one else does." Well, this year she found one, made it herself, and won a prize not only at the ward halloween party, but she also won at school where only two kids in her lunch period were given awards. Can you guess what she is??? Give up??? Ok, I'll tell you.... she's a cup of hot chocolate, Cute, huh? I was proud of her for doing it all herself.


The youngest two got the benefit of handmedowns. Aubrey was a mouse (came from Ebay)
and Payton was a peapod which was given to us. (I've always thought this costume is so cute but have never had a baby to put it in!)
Wade and I also dressed up as hippies and we should've made Aubrey a flower child and Payton a "love child", but of course I alway get these ideas after the fact. You'll have to wait for our picture however -- in all the bedlem, I didn't get our picture taken. Wade's brother took a picture of us, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'll post it when it comes -- Wade's looks hilarious with long hippie hair.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Halloween is fun, but I'm glad it's over. Now it is on to Christmas!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great costumes. Looks like everyone had fun. I particullarly like Payton's position.

Sketchy said...

Way to go Hannah! Great costume idea. Addie you look great as Junie B. Ethan you are an awesome Indie! Alex was Indiana Jones too, did you know? I'll post pictures. Grace looks so pretty as Cinderella. Aubrey you are adorable! What a cute mouse costume. And Payton, I just want to smoosh her. What a cutie with the little smile on her face.

Angie said...

The pictures are so cute!! Loved them all!