Friday, May 26, 2006

Fast Food Friday

Here it is Friday again! It seems like the the time is flying by and soon it will be summer. I like this recipe because it cooks fast and on the stove so you never have to turn on your oven in the heat of summer. It is also a very healthy version of this Chinese favorite!

Sweet & Sour Chicken

4 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
1 can pineapple tidbits (or chunks)
Red or yellow bell peppers (optional)

Sauce:
1/2 - 1 c. vineager (depending on your taste preference)
1 c. ketchup
1 c. sugar
2 c. pinapple juice (or 1 c. juice from canned pineapple + 1 c. water)
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 cornstarch mixed with water to be slightly runny

Cook chicken and cut into chunks. Meanwhile heat sauce ingredients. Add cornstarch mixture when sauce is warm until sauce has desired thickness. Add chicken, pineapple and peppers if desired. Heat through. Serve over rice. Serves 6.

Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Gabriela said...

Sounds great! Prining it out. Thanks. Have a great weekend! :)

utmommy said...

Sounds yummy!! My family loves sweet-n-sour chicken.

Nettie said...

Hope you are having a great week-end! I just tagged you for a meme. No pressure to play, but I'd love it if you did. Visit me for the details.

Karla said...

MMMM! I love sweet and sour chicken. THis recipe sounds a little simpler than the one I use. I think I'll give it a whorl!

Gabriela said...

Haven't heard from you in a while, everything ok?

Erickson Family said...

Gabriela: You're so great! Thanks for the concern. I'm doing good -- I've just been a slacker lately. I'll get back in the groove again soon.